- 140g Plain Flour
- 85g Butter, cubed
- 85g Cheddar, finely grated
- 5 Eggs
- 100ml Milk
- 75ml Llaeth Y Llan Natural ‘Greek Style’ Yogurt
- 100g Cheddar, grated
- 300g Asparagus, trimmed and cut in half length ways
- Put the flour in a bowl, add the butter to the flour and rub in with your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the grated cheddar into the pastry and mix.
- Add 3 tbsp cold water and mix until the pastry forms a ball.
- Wrap in cling film and chill for 5 mins.
- Butter a single 20cm loose-bottom tart tin (6cm deep), or a 8 mini tart tins.
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
- Lightly dust the work surface with flour, roll out the pastry and line the tin or tins. Chill in the freezer for 20 mins, then line with baking paper, fill with beans and cook for 15 mins.
- Remove the beans and paper, then return the pastry case to the oven for 10 mins.
- Crack the eggs into a jug, whisk, then add the milk and yoghurt. Whisk again.
- Sprinkle half the grated cheese over the pastry case, then add the asparagus, egg mix and remaining cheese (if using a rectangular tin, you may not need all the mixture, so add it gradually).
- Bake in the lower half of the oven for 30-35 mins or until the egg mix is set.