1. 500g Parsnips
2. 1 Medium Onion, Thickly Sliced
3. 2tbps Rapeseed, Sunflower Or Olive Oil, Plus Extra To Trickle
4. 2 Garlic Bulbs
5. About 600ml Hot Vegetable Stock
6. 200ml Llaeth Y Llan ‘Greek style’ Natural Yoghurt
7. 50g Creamy Blue Cheese, Cut Into Chunks
8. Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
• Preheat the oven to 190°C/Gas 5. Peel the parsnips, top and tail them, then cut into large chunks. Put them into a large roasting tray with the onion. Spoon over the 2 tablespoons oil, season with some salt and pepper and toss the lot together.
• Slice the tops off the garlic bulbs, so the cloves inside are just exposed. Nestle both bulbs among the parsnips and onion.
• Roast for 40–50 minutes until the parsnips are tender and caramelised and the onions are soft, giving the veg a good stir halfway through.
• Transfer the parsnips and onion to a blender. Squeeze out the soft garlic cloves from one of the bulbs into the blender. Add the hot stock and blue cheese, and yoghurt until completely smooth, adding a touch more stock or water to thin the soup a little if necessary.
• Taste and add salt and pepper if needed. Serve piping hot, topped with a grinding of black pepper.