1. 250 g flour
2. 2 tsp baking powder
3. ½ tsp allspice
4. 125 g salted butter, room temperature
5. 60 g golden caster sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
6. 60 g currants
7. 1 free-range egg
8. 2 tbsp Llaeth Y Llan Hilltop Honey Yoghurt
9. 1-2 tbsp water
- In a large bowl rub the butter into the flour, baking powder and spice with your fingers until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar and currants.
- Make a well in the centre and break in the egg. Add the yoghurt and 1tbsp of water.
- Stir from the inside out with a knife until the dough starts to come together. Add a little more water if needed.
- Turn out the dough onto a floured board and roll to about 1 cm thick.
- Cut into 8 cm rounds. Gather all the bits into a ball, re-roll and stamp out.
- Heat a non-stick pan to a medium heat.
- Bake for 3 minutes on one side, then flip over and bake for a further 3 minutes.
- Place onto a cold plate and sprinkle with a little caster sugar.
- Repeat the process until all the dough has been used.