With Valentines dawning upon us Llaeth y Llan are reaching out to you to give you some guidance on the key to your loved ones hearts. Follow our step by step Yogurt Pannacotta recipe and you’ll be sure to impress.
In every job there must be done there is an element of fun…..
A spoonful of sugar……………..
1. 4 sheets of leaf gelatine
2. 150ml single cream
3. 150ml whole milk
4. 150g golden caster sugar
5. 1 lemon, peeled with speed peeler
6. 2 vanilla pods, split and seeds scraped
7. 400g Llaeth Y Llan Raspberry Yoghurt
8. 1 pack Raspberry Jelly, made to packet instructions
9. Pistachios, Raspberries and Mini Meringues for decoration
- Place the gelatine in a shallow dish, cover with cold water and leave to soak for 5 minutes until soft.
- Meanwhile, put the cream, milk, sugar, lemon zest and vanilla seeds into a small pan over a medium heat.
- Heat gently, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Bring to a simmer and take off the heat.
- Immediately lift the gelatine out of the water and add it to the hot creamy milk, stirring until it has dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl, discarding the lemon zest.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes, then whisk in the yoghurt and set aside to cool a little more.
- Pour the mixture into 6 serving glasses (each 400ml capacity). Stand the glasses on a tray and place in the fridge for 2–3 hours to allow the pannacotta to set.
- Top the set pannacottas with the raspberry jelly, allow to set.
- Sprinkle with chopped pistachios, raspberries and mini meringues to serve.
A spoonful of sugar helps valentines go down in the most delightful way.
Let your Mrs or Mr Poppins have a day’s rest, and enjoy being waited on hand and foot.