Prep Time - 30 Minutes
Marinating Time- 2 to 4 Horus
Cook Time - 2 Hours
Serves - 4
- 2Boneless Welsh Lamb breasts
- 450g Llaeth y Llan Coconut Yogurt
- Vegetable oil, butter or ghee
- 2 large onions
- 2 teaspoons dry curry powder
- 1 tea spoon nutmeg
- 1 tea spoon dry cumin
- 1 tea spoon dry coriander
- 1 tea spoon dry turmeric
- 1 tea spoon dry chilli powder
- Half tea spoon dry ginger
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 750ml Water
- Fresh Coriander leaves for garnish
- 2 Cups Basmati Rice to serve with the Welsh lamb curry
- Dice the Welsh lamb into preferred sized pieces (larger pieces will take longer to cook)
- In a medium bowl add the lamb add all of the coconut yogurt massage into the lamb. Cover the bowl with cling film, refrigerate and allow 4-6 hours to marinate
- Dice the onion and garlic
- Remove the marinated lamb from refrigeration, preheat a large deep pan, and add vegetable oil, butter, or ghee, add all of the dry spices. Gently stir for 1 minute ensuring not to burn the spices, add the onion and garlic then soften.
- Add the marinated lamb and marinated sauce to the pan, stir into the onion and garlic, and spices until the lamb is sealed.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and water
- Gently bring to the boil stirring intermittently.
- Reduce to a low heat cover with a lid and slowly simmer for 2 hours or until the lamb is tender adding small amounts of water as the sauce reduces.
- Alternatively, if the pan is oven-proof cook in the oven at 180 degrees (gas mark 4) checking and stirring intermittently
- Add the Basmati rice to 500ml of water and cook to preferred taste
- Serve the lamb curry over a bed of rice and garnish with fresh coriander and drizzle riata sauce over the curry
Riata sauce recipe
- 200g Llaeth y Llan natural yogurt
- ½ small onion (diced)
- ⅓ of a cucumber (diced)
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon coriander
- Dash of lemon juice
Mix all of the ingredients, refrigerate until ready to serve.